"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11



Sunday, October 26, 2014

Tour de Tamatave

We made it yesterday and had shore leave today. This morning we went out for a family bike ride and this arvo I went out for a solo exploration on the MTB. The bicycle is king here - certainly in terms of numbers if you include "poussez-poussez". The roads are a dichotomy - either great or not great with not much in between. Having spent a great deal of my career in Asia I felt very at home. It reminded me very strongly of Indonesia, Malaysia and Timor-Leste. Below are some photos I took from the bike. We can already see why we have been called to serve this nation even after only one day ashore. Very excited!


















No comments:

Post a Comment