"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11



Sunday, May 15, 2016

A prayer for those of us easily annoyed aboard the AFRICA MERCY

Fools show their annoyance at once
But the prudent overlook an insult
Proverbs 12:16

Jesus, I see that I am very easily annoyed aboard this ship. How can I possibly be living the beauty of your 2000 year old model if I am displaying the ugliness of my irritation? Have mercy on me Lord - please change my arrogant heart.
I'm annoyed at the person who leaves the computer logged on and locked up in Midships. I'm annoyed when the Internet is too slow for minecraft or you tube. ( that's for my boys!) I'm annoyed when I have to login and change my password again! And I'm annoyed when I can't get a wifi signal at the pool!
I'm annoyed when there's not enough Cheerios or Nutella or sweet chilli sauce. I'm annoyed by the fruit running out just before I get there. I'm annoyed at the indecisive person at the front of the lunch or dinner queue. Actually, I'm annoyed at ever having to wait in line.
I'm annoyed when my slot is taken in the laundry room. Or when my clothes are taken out. I'm annoyed when no Henry's are there or worse still, they're broken. Actually, I'm annoyed by anything breaking before it should.
I'm annoyed at loud conversations in the passageway when I'm trying to sleep. I'm annoyed when I can't hear what is is being said over the rain, needle gunning or other machinery. I'm annoyed if I'm just about to head ashore and the heavens open. Oh Lord, if these were the only things that annoy me!

My prayer: soften my heart with your grace. Help me to slow...way..down. Help me to live in the moment - not merely to get somewhere on time or get something done. Let me see people with your eyes and respond to them with your heart.
I know you have brought me here - not only to learn from our patients and day crew but from community living as well. Father I love that you love me despite my sins - including my "annoy ability " Grow my endurance so I may become closer to being perfect and complete in you. In Jesus gracious name I pray,
Amen.

With apologies to Scotty Smith of the Gospel coalition for adapting your fantastically helpful blog:

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering why you're looking for Henry, they I remembered the vacuum cleaner.. OH. Very really and touching prayer my friend. Life is a journey in patience, we all need them. He listens and hears and answers our prayers. Don't forget to post when this one's answered... Love Mampho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy Tam. Sleep also puts annoyance at bay! Bob had his op today all OK will need patience while he recovers!

    ReplyDelete