"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11



Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Starting to Finish

This morning I am writing to the school to let them know that we are heading off in June.  In fact, it is 4 weeks tomorrow until we fly out.  So much to do.  So little time.  Still it is amazing how it is coming together.
Our list on the white board is slowly being erased and we are taking photos of the boys with their friends so they can start blogging too - got to work out how we do that on a private page yet..
We have wanted to do this for about 10 years, seriously planned it for about 5 and now we are actually on the countdown, it seems almost surreal.  However, whenever I look in my wardrobe and at the bags and boxes being packed - reality sets in.
I am hopeful that I won't have to drive in Congo - I'm not great driving on the other side of the road and it's bad enough on Parramatta Road or John Street Lidcombe.  Nevertheless, I'd better go and get my licence renewed so I can drive should I need to.  Luckily google images has pictures like this of Pointe Noire roads... Doesn't look to bad

url.jpg
Parramatta Road routinely looks like this - so maybe I can do Congo driving... We'll see

imgres.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment