"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11



Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lifted up!

I had two very interesting conversations at church on Sunday.  The first was with some visitors to our regular congregation.  They are visitors but really, they are family - one of the pastors parents.  Worse still, they always come up and say Hi Tammy - and I am terrible and have forgotten their names - oops.... They were keen to chat about us going to Africa and how exciting it is.  My default position of late is that we are hopeful and God Willing we will go - but I also make sure that people know that we are waiting for a cabin and therefore, it is not definite yet.  I explained that Mick feels really compelled and called to do this and it was a blessing in disguise last time for it to be called off however, we are thrilled to be back applying again. What was really amazing was the encouragement they then provided. They talked about how God doesn't really want families to be separated for one member to follow their calling.  That when someone really believes He wants them to something, He makes it happen.  Better still for me as a trailing spouse, that God really starts to build your partnership to make the something happen. I found that tremendously encouraging and have felt lifted up all week since.

The second conversation was with our church Treasurer, Bryce.  Several times over the years, we have had chat which has really made me think further on our topic.  This time was no different. Bryce mentioned that he had happened upon and been reading our blog after church camp.  Then he talked about the different missions and organisations he had supported and how some had kept him up to date with news and others just sent out the corporate newsletter.  He explained how important it was to him as a supporter to find out how his money is being used and how gratifying to receive a personal note or newsletter.  I'd like to say that I went home and got stuck into the blog immediately.  Well not quite.  However even a few days later, I am still finding encouragement in our conversation - encouragement and motivation.  And again, lifted up as someone else helps equip us for potential service.

No comments:

Post a Comment